Re: Pavis and Big Rubble Maps

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_xTiQNengPghcy4_4mwFlBwUtoLj7h9XfVtq8o-MU9OgxmH1TUqGwq3Cd4ACkcfv->
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:06:06 +0100

On 10 Apr 2012, at 20:04, Simon Phipp wrote:

> The first 4 maps have slightly different shapes, as though someone said "draw a map of the Rubble/Pavis in this year" rather than saying "Here is a schematic of the walls/hills, draw the rest in this year". So, when these are superimposed, the walls don't match up, very slightly.

The first 4 maps are traced (pencil & paper) overlays of the same map, that when laid on top of each other look really cool. The idea was to show the development of the rubble. They are sketch maps. Print them onto tracing paper and see.

> Also, Map 5, the one of the modern Big Rubble, has a completely different shape. I am not sure if this is a matter of perspective, but it doesn't seem to be. The corner at Griffin gate seems almost non-existent, for example, where in the other maps it is quite pronounced.

Map 5 is what I would call the player map. The others are development sketches.

> I tried looking at the Moon Design website to see if there are any maps available for download, but couldn't find any. In fact, PGtA wasn't mentioned as one of the headline supplements, just in a sidebar.

The second line down under Welcome to Moon Design, Moon Design Publications has MOVED! http://store.moondesignpublications.com/ The main map is available in the resources section.

As for the second age maps, well the 922 (from the mongoose website) looks okay, but the faceless statue on page 66 looks very wrong. I'm sure others can fill in more exact details for you.

David

David Scott.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433