Re: what do people ride in Pamaltela?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_RVVgivo_UZAEFHdw7IEv6GQ3-dtvsvTVutqoBnU3b-wxcDdqXHGabe7rqhCh>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:12:51 +0100 (BST)

On the beasts of burden theme, the Kresh have large wagons but IIRC they pull the wagons themselves
There was an ill-fated Jrusteli experiment which involved bringing horses (and other things) to Pamaltela, now remembered as the Six-Legged Empire. So outsiders who bring horses are probably assumed to be a bad thing.
Are there Dragonewts in Pamaltela anyway?
Do the Umathelans have no horses or mules or oxen for ploughing either?
Richard Hayes

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_t1wo2hf5BoTjIfrn4ccS0EbFYE6SQNvluHI_Hh32R4CjejLHu2xDvJOqX44blH3J1Cz9fHm2mIm_vAPWvw.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2012, 3:55
Subject: Re: what do people ride in Pamaltela?

YGWV On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM, giannieanna <giannieanna_at_3Jk653uGWFHcHbdmWyoeFtxHELT72-4cymogj4kUXUS7wmgYVI8QbsJfUcvLkYfIIxP52r973g0GEr8.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I understand there aren't any horses in Pamaltela. Does this mean that
> people simply walk?

yes
they do not trust riders
and there is no grass in Pamaltela you know none
which is why horses have such a hard time

> Would demi-birds be OK or are they only for dragonewts?

YGWV :)

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer