Re: Your opinion about an animist detail

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_sNJUd9Rhg_4-GdywMKkptrSXR5gKqbJvSCbBhSLmvugr7iIBnvKXNSEgTz_8>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:32:16 +0100 (BST)

Having taken a lot of wounds, some grizzly (ah ah), the player has wondered if he could get some healing powers. I suggest "Lick Wounds", a healing Bear Spirit. But should I give this as part of the Bear Totem keyword at 13M, which would make him VERY powerful, or at 13 for 1 HP ? Or somewhere in the middle ?

I would offer him the ability at his totem rating.  However, I wouldn't make the ability to lick wounds an instant cure. Possibly limit it to reducing the severity of a wound by one level per day.

And would this power, whatever the rating, include the ability to lick others' wounds ?

What do you think ?

I would consider allowing this as a stretch ability, perhaps forcing him to release the Lick wounds spirit, so that it won't return for a little while as it has to journey back to him through the spirit planes.

Gavain