Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: David Cake <dave_at_nAXS-qfXT7ELmTgU97BbVpXV-xw-VFH2QJoycVxKjDQf5vuiqT4giY5YD-a5HT0gSjAVLcO>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:43:59 +0800

Can I ask why?

Forums are kind of an outdated format (very , and we already have well functioning forums for both Glorantha and the heroquest rules, both with good representation from Moon Design.

It sounds like the idea here is for Moon Design to try and reduce their commitment to this forum, in favour of a branded forum that they have more control over. But forums are disliked by many, I can't see myself liking this one either, as it has several classic problems of forums - though there is rudimentary RSS support, you have to visit the web site to see if there are replies to each individual question as far as I can see, and of course you have to edit all your entries in a simple editor in a browser. It will split the discussion to some extent, which isn't great.

Can you explain the positives of the new forums for those of us already on this list?

Cheers

        David