Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_rnCZki4DzQbxGnk5wpK_aaQwPYC4JE2sL69S6sbLBK0mSLn2Ex8Ej-78Xs>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:09:11 -0400

I also prefer forums to email lists. Like others, my inbox is stuffed-full of unread World of Glorantha list posts and threads. I want to be kept informed on discussions about Glorantha, and to participate when I so choose, but not to be barraged with information. A forum lets me choose what I read, when I read it, and how I respond if I choose to do so.

The Moon forums make sense. The company is dynamic and attracting visitors to its site. They will see the forum link, peruse, and hopefully join. The discussion mechanism and Moon Design presence are linked and complementary. This list, on the other hand, is standalone and any new people joining will quickly become bewildered by the sheer depth and scale of the discussions - a VERY common criticism of Glorantha from outside.

The forums allow you to read and digest at your own rate, choosing what you want to read rather than pushing it at you via an email dist. list. If anything's outmoded, its not the forum model, but email lists...