Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: David Cake <dave_at_qf2h9ZaZS3nISJBnBhgETRG6qH-pRpdPAOU2fINMHFOgHl_SoF9fMX_Y5byEZIPMZrikqTy>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:23:25 +0800

On 18/04/2012, at 9:59 PM, chris jensen romer wrote:
> searching this list is at times difficult. The yahoo search is not great. Threading is difficult as topics change. A well constructed forum is far more searchable.

        I download the list to my email client, which has better search than I get from yahoo, and faster because it is on the same machine.

> I much prefer forums to email lists. I currently have 828 unread emails to read on this list. On a forum I can easily read what threads interest me and ignore the rest. If a pbb board or similar framework is adopted I can mark threads and ignore threads.

        If email lacks features (like search, marking threads, a useful UI for reading headers, etc) you can get a better email client. If a forum has basic features lacking, there isn't anything I can do about it.

	FWIW, I consider 'being able to monitor activity without having to make a trip to that specific website to do so' a basic, essential, feature for modern internet media that it appears the Moon Design forums are lacking currently (though I could well be mistaken and not just have worked out how to do that yet).
	Cheers

		David