Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_TYozlbTncz9oeJlAgAa32IJiR_RyXl1XdKbzrfS6UUIxueJ7vxvlOgxYDMhbts7H1dAMkBZ>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:11:35 +0100

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_3utb82-y9L6ohnsmDE5-ZLShfn2CiykIl-26AdDuyDbigapJpDQeTKLzpHxaNkpiprdX9w.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> On 21.04.2012 08:13, Jeff wrote:
>  > We don't plan to get rid of the World of Glorantha, but we do plan to
> increasingly move our (by that I mean the Moon Design team - myself,
> Greg, Rick, Ian, Loz, Dan, and others) participation over to the main
> website.
>
> It is a sad fact, that splitting will make both poorer, counting genious
> members.

Agree re splitting.

>  > It already gets far more traffic than this site
>
> Are you kidding? How do you measure the traffic of this list?

Lets be fair. It might be a huge success. Right now it's only starting.

I think there is a risk, which is borne out by the split in comments, about how the success should be measured. The people that seem quite friendly towards the idea seem to be those that use the Yahoo website to read the list. And to be fair, if that's how I did it, I would have given up years ago. I don't know if Yahoo gives out information on hist to group owners. It might.
What Yahoo's not likely to count in website kits is the number of happy lurkers who read and digest the emails, but don't often have much to say about what they've read. And the people who get the group as emails, already filtered off into appropriate silos by their email software seem to be the ones saying 'what's the point'. Knowing that 50 people a day come to MoonDesign while only 30 people come to Yahoo could give the impression that Yahoo is dead in the water, while neglecting to count the 500 who don't currently need to leave a footprint.