RE: Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: DreadDomain <dreaddomain_at_6haLveJZjaonH0H94D7a7fhrqNJnHMOiNpORyw6ZMuyTysehvoQlxda6bO61Pv9V>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:37:59 -0400

-----Message d'origine-----
De : WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com [mailto:WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com] De la part de Nick Eden Envoyé : 21 avril 2012 05:12
À : WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Objet : Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

>I think there is a risk, which is borne out by the split in comments,
>about how the success should be measured. The people that seem quite
>friendly towards the idea seem to be those that use the Yahoo website
>to read the list. And to be fair, if that's how I did it, I would have
>given up years ago.

I also agree splitting is a risk but it is always a risk when a change is made. Resistance to change is a natural tendency (sometime based on well-informer opinion or experience, sometime not) and there is always a risk that a significant proportion won't accept it. Let's hope this community will remain tight.

>The people that seem quite
>friendly towards the idea seem to be those that use the Yahoo website
>to read the list. And to be fair, if that's how I did it, I would have
>given up years ago.

I personally receive all the messages in an orderly and filtered way in my e-mail box... and I still find it annoying. The only reason I was on these lists was because there was no alternative. Now that there is, I am not saying I will unsubscribe (reading you guys is interesting) but it is *likely* to happen. I follow what is going on with GURPS and HERO a lot more just because they have a centralized, official forums with good traffic. Let's hope this is what will happen to Moon Design's forum.