Re: Germans seen by Tacitus

From: hcarteau_at_oovPIfoU2UnuT7Uw5Zbazv772kvCKGbMNM3FkX-5R4vG-ahkt-7O502uvsXTrjNu91Z
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:39:06 +0200 (CEST)

As a comparison to the realworld I was thinking of the Germanic people according to Tacitus. In his Germania he describes that the people bring gifts to the leaders to honour them (chapter XV). And that the generals lead by by force but by example and virtue (chapter VII). Although there are obviously differences, Tacitus' view of the Germans gets pretty close to what I think of the Orlanthi.

/// But what Tacite wrote was sometimes VERY FAR from reality (such as "this god is the goth Mercure", and so on) !