Re: Esvular, Aeolian Church, etc. in HQ2

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_tNxSHD_01dfsOF8vKvrh90FofpNSzak86ZQfLY2JJD3PW-1rFT7Yqm0y7hlXPDzH8xT>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:55:17 +1200

On 4/26/2012 12:28 PM, Daniel wrote:
> With how Glorantha is being reimagined (refined, distilled, what have you) in connection to HQ2, I'm curious to hear what the new stance on Esvular and Aeol is. Would it still be around? How does it mesh with the new West? Are the Orlanthi gods still considered saints (with what that means in the new edition of the West), or are they something else?
It's still around AFAIK.

The biggest impact would from the Dialogues of Xeotam in which the generally understood Aeolian view of the Cosmos is now little different from the Safelstrans or even the Rokari.

I think the Aeolians organize their society by dedication to divine saints. That's something the Rokari won't do while the Safelstrans would just worship the pagan gods directly (without any silliness about divine saints).

I don't think the Aeolians are afflicted by misapplied worship. Their chief limitation is that they are restricted to following the divine saints in the manner revealed by their bishops and to adopt a brand new deity as a divine saint is generally beyond their abilities.

--Peter Metcalfe