Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_dJ8R9UAXZXeidzemXoTiiTOHJiZmt0v_YNKhBWKwBOHteyJ5OKKKu6uKGXTe5omttoR>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:27:19 -0000

Charles:

> When you are logged in to the website, go to the front page at
> http://moondesignpublications.com
> There are links there to
> . My Account
> . Search http://moondesignpublications.com/search
> . Recent posts http://moondesignpublications.com/content/recent-posts
> . Recent comments http://moondesignpublications.com/content/recent-comments
> . Popular - today
> http://moondesignpublications.com/content/popular/today
> . Popular - all time
> http://moondesignpublications.com/content/popular/all

Thanks - those make it easier to read the forums. Could we have the links on all the Forum pages, including the above pages? It is sometimes nicer to be able to click on a link in the current page than having to click on the homepage, go to the bottom of the page and then choose the option required.

Is it possible to restrict to "Unread Threads"? I cannot always remember which posts I have read (I visit a lot of forums) and that makes it a lot easier for me to decide what I want to read.

> While viewing a topic in a forum, you can change your viewing
> options. At the top and at the bottom of the comments is a link
> "mouse-over to expand: Comment viewing options". Hovering your
> mouse over this expands the options and you can choose several
> different ways to view the comments: threaded/not; newest
> first/oldest; and number of comments per page.

I found this out by trial and error. By the way, for anyone who hadn't realised, if you choose Not Threaded then it makes the forum readable, rather than having loads of indentations.

It would be better to have these instructions available in a How To link on all the Forum Pages.

But, thanks for providing the links as they do make the forums easier to use.

See Ya

Simon