Re: Infinity, Stasis, Magic in S:KoH

From: David Cake <dave_at_CwyzOz-vQjhNEB94ftTm0jL6Q-gZnjPEExLQvB8H6d7KZkVTi9rIqcMzkkoF3o_wY9iBImg>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 15:58:08 +0800

On 04/05/2012, at 8:52 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 5/4/2012 10:18 PM, Daniel wrote:
>

>> Stasis, though, really doesn't seem like something an Orlanthi would normally get. I can see it in conjunction with one of the 15% cults. I wonder if it also helps one get along with dwarves. It certainly won't make you popular among your own people.

> Stasis should better seen as the rune of the unchanging sky (Yelm and
> Polaris) or stone rather than an abstract principle. The best known
> Orlanthi deity with stasis is Molanni.
	I agree. I hadn't thought of Molanni as being a stasis deity (well, certainly a way to connect to Air without Movement, which is at least thoroughly compatible with Stasis), but it is a good call.
	I think the most positive connection with Stasis for Orlanthi is stone, which they mostly access via minor Earth deities.
	The unchanging sky is definitely something that the Orlanthi might associate with Stasis, but rarely positively. Stalwart Rigsdal always at his post, perhaps.
	Cheers
		David