Re: Infinity, Stasis, Magic in S:KoH

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at__4iSlKps2DzvkwnvyAjtk3Tr2kRlXhcjDp_B2r3B4OUfSa-WbZAOyAzjIkGPOHya>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 14:20:11 +0100

On 7 May 2012, at 13:32, Nick Eden wrote:

> Not entirely convinced both that Peter. I would think the conversation must
> involve a trip to the Gods Plane, since that's what major rituals do, and
> so it is effectively a HeroQuest, even if it's a very well defined one.

It would be relatively easy to quest to get a new rune, just go to your cultural source with a relevant sacrifice. Just because none have appeared in print (yet) doesn't mean it can't be done. Swapping runes may certainly be easier in some cultures.

> It's also important to remember that the evangelical Lunars are very
> unusual. Their whole system is built on heroquests, so even if the
> individual does not themself tread a hero path, that'll only because others
> have quested so often and hard that it becomes ' normal'.

The write up in Pavis makes it clear that it's easy to swap one of your runes for a Moon phase (and also easy to swap it for the Chaos rune). You don't need a quest, a simple ceremony will suffice. If you read a lunar grimoire, it may happen against your will!

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433