Re: Infinity, Stasis, Magic in S:KoH

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_DbcVZ6pAIysjLJdNNHYM7NYWIVbJHneb4927XJE4OtCfuT0zs0E0dhEBeT4Tb8G2>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 18:11:08 -0000

The power of the three rings, not the power of Elrond and Galadriel.

> "Those who had [the Three Rings] in their keeping could ward off the
> decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world. [...] Their
> power was ever at work, and where they abode there mirth also dwelt
> and all things were unstained by the griefs of time."

Rathole, but bear in mind that the three rings were based on the work of Sauron. The nine rings of the Nazgul preserved their wearers far beyond the normal lifespans of mortal men.

> I think there's scope for an interesting game trying to preserve
> something valuable against the powers of Disorder and Chaos and Change
> that would try to destroy it or corrupt it, and Stasis magic can come
> in handy there.

I recommend you peruse a copy of the Great Pendragon campaign, by a certain game designer not unknown to this forum.

Simon Hibbs