Winnowing the Argraths?

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_E00xbRXYfmw2xRh_keH4teHBSptAtS-RTMNl5sEeQFADRpCUqbbzocnSoYPLE3TkiA>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 19:03:13 -0000

In the time frame covered by Barbarian Adventures and the following HQ1 scenario books, there are multiple Argraths in existence.

Following the Dragon-Rise, the Lunar Provinces are thrown into disarray, and that rich prize keeps many busy and buffers areas south from the "monster empire." The histories also seem to get a bit distracted by those events.

Some time later, much of Dragon Pass seems to be under a single Argrath. In any official publication it has been deliberately unclear who becomes that Argrath (and there may in fact be more than one that is conflated in KoS). There is also no mention of what happens between the various Argrath's.

Anyone have opinions? Do they war on each other? Do some have more success than others, eventually leading the most successful to become a `Great Argrath' leading several others who had received that name? Do they end up competing to win the over the Feathered Horse Queen, with the successful candidate de facto winning the position when they also become King of Dragon Pass?

Something else far more fun?

I know that there is a shortage of official material around this, so I'm looking for speculation, suggestions, what you did in your game, etc.