Re: Parrot People and Other Questions - Cragspider

From: David Cake <dave_at_COD3OOnlu86MartxGIre2BL8uAq7agEGitBQpAAzK5MDpeUW7LTADu9mn_KlUpTuQsg4d3K>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:07:15 +1000

On 15/05/2012, at 5:26 AM, Tim wrote:

>> A different line of inquiry has to do with the topic of how one would
>> go about killing Cragspider, after having been told some horror
>> stories about KoDP. They want to know how it can be done in the
>> universe, not necessarily by involving players. Personally I wonder
>> if it's even possible, considering her ties with Arachne Solara -
>> seems like this might be even tougher than killing the Only Old One
>> or the God-King was... Annoyingly, she also lacks one of the two
>> obvious troll weaknesses. It's daunting to realise that sometimes
>> "kill it with fire" is not applicable advice.
>
> I'm sure that Cragspider could be killed, though what the consequences might be, and whether her killer would prove worse than she is is another question.
>
> There is more information on Cragspider in the resources on the moon design website -
> http://moondesignpublications.com/library/cragspider-firewitch
> - she is an old darkness spirit going back to at least the start of the Storm Age (IIRC White Bear & Red Moon implies she goes back to the Green Age) with a true Dragon as an ally...

	I think it is definitely possible to kill Cragspider, but it is definitely going to require heroquest, and chances are she is a better heroquester, with better resources, than you (as I think she outclasses almost anyone who isn't a superhero. But it is definitely possible to win a victory or two against her - she plays a long game, and is unlikely to go all out (for example, wake the Black Dragon) against those who are just trying to steal some secrets rather than kill her.
	Cheers
		David