Re: Infinity, Stasis, Magic in S:KoH

From: hcarteau_at_7qpBkOICSZD0C6rcpqWgDHl0h0SVYIDiG25ns-4m7NX_W7Ba0JGf7VGF1lj6-taHawO
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:28:11 +0200 (CEST)

I thought that only 'Power' Runes have direct opposites. There can be antagonisms between elements, but the relationship is more complex than that.
/// THE LAW predates all. It encompasses everything and everything else stems from it. THE LAW is called by some God, Logic, the Great Mind or the Ultimate. THE LAW ever was, is and ever will be. Do break the theist frame of mind, with neatly-opposed powers etc. : this is GREATER. This is why we malkioni have the best, greatest, in a word most Logical Civilization, and the rest are deluded pagans and savage heathens (who eat babies, of course).
What ? You say not all malkioni agree on what The Law is ? You say some say there are greater things than the law ? You must go listen to what the Watcher says. And if you're into rokari lands, you'd better learn than "no flies can get into a closed mouth".

Also, surely Malkion's Law is the difference between wizardry and sorcery?
/// Heh. I love this one. There is only one kind of Logical Magic, set by Zzabur. The rest is pure semantics : "Wizardy is magic we approve of. Sorcery is magics we don't approve of". That's it. Many malkioni call pagan priests "sorcerers" !