Re: Eclipses in GLorantha

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_JX9XjFkIOaWSIOGkPVz5uC8OosVJYkf01KdXTcSHe9wCkvwt0hUd_SCXq_Vbwm1M2>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 01:47:14 -0400

Namaste:
I'm not an expert on Gloranthan astronomy, but I don't think a "earth like" Solar Eclipse is actually possible within Time/History. The Blue Moon is mostly invisible, and moves too erratically and is too small a body to obscure the Sun. And the Red Moon is stationary (the shadow's on Her body being cast by Destix), and is located in the Middle Air above Glamour.

However, in Mythic Time/God Time there were various solar related events that caused Very Bad Things To Happen, like the Death of Yelm, the various Black/Blood Suns, and the like. It might be possible for these events to be recreated within Time, but it would be powerful HQ'esting sort of magic, and possibly limited to a certain geographical area rather than World Wide.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story."  - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha