Re: Lunar heroquesting

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_18CVXZSA5z9hy9lhSKfsdxHwg_fQbczZqcEFrj5r0nJIWMVQvmydMrX_Riv2>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:14:51 +0100 (BST)

Herve is right -- it was in Gods of Glorantha -- but IIRC this was specific to those who worshipped the Red Goddess directly.

With the possible exception of Jalakeel, the Seven Mothers (and the cults of individual Mothers) were still normal theistic cults, with the complication of cyclical magic.

As a way of creating a distinct Lunar sorcery under RQ rules it is quite appealing -- but less so if it is totally at odds with canon.

Richard Hayes

Richard Hayes

To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2012, 19:30
Subject: Re: Lunar heroquesting

I remember a RQ 3 rules modification in which lunar magicians could manipulate their battle/spirit magic "spells" (I'm not sure of RQ terminology anymore) the way sorcerers do with their own. They could Boost a Bladesharp 1 to 10, Cast a Disruption that would inflict 1D3+6 damage, Use Farsee to see miles away etc. All this from puny little cantrips like Heal 1 or Vigor 1, but boosted by the Moon. They had specific skills such as "Amplify", "Project", etc.

Yahoo! Groups Links