A time of no Chaos?

From: Jim Groves <cainesinmyhead_at_zrWqx5gY9QLWMgU78p4C5SpAdSwRWjMu76ONQIqOUM7RgT7TJgM9m95jGEavt>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:43:53 -0600

I know just enough about Glorantha to get stuff wrong. :)

I was just rereading the clan questionnaire in the Kingdom of Sartar. The question concerning Arkat and Gbjai has me scratching my head a little.

The question implies that Gbjai brought Chaos back. Was there a time after the world was saved when there was no Chaos, and the creation of Gbjai reversed that and allowed it back into the world again?

I always had the impression that Chaos was defeated, but still creeped around in the corners and under the rocks of reality.(Pardon the poetic metaphor)

If that is the case, that really underscores the horror of what the Unity Council did in the course of its failed effort. But I don't know if I am reading too much into the questionnaire or not.

I look forward to the explanation of wiser minds