Re: Lunar heroquesting

From: hcarteau_at_WRtdYLcgQC91UZUm4y0kQT8PMrMqqr_gRUMk_u9_Z0z-eZK1Nj5ILiKyEHEywzMgom5
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:06:08 +0200 (CEST)

See my correction - although taking Teelo Estara's place is something that I can see Yanafal Tarnils doing.
/// Or maybe he cut TE free from her spike ; I like YT very much the "Ram and Warrior". Never heard any stories about the "Ram" part though.

In my current campaign, the players often use HeroQuesting to achieve things. One player is quite gung ho and will do a HeroQuest without thinking things through. Another will do them if necessary. The third, a Praxian Storm Khan, is the voice of reason, the one who asks if they really want to do this and warns of dire consequences if they change things.
/// This is a seriously messed-up campaign if the Storm Kahn is the voice of reason. I hate to even think about the other two characters.

Players should find HeroQuesting disturbing, confusing and even scary. They should be on edge all the while and things should throw them completely. Even succeeding on a HeroQuest can have negative effects and failing can have positive effects.
/// Yep. My own players have grown quite paranoid about going to the Other Side. So far they've understood there are ALWAYS suprises. And they don't like surprises.

Pah! Seventh Soul? Wrong kind of illumination, I feel. I'm more of an Arkat/Gbaji abuser of the world.
/// That's Kewl. I am a Godlearner of the most exalted kind myself.

By the way, if anyone wants a ropey, moth-eaten Morokanth costume then let me know. I'll probably not wear it again unless I am playing another Morokanth.
/// You do sell it well, I feel a growing urge to get the thing. No wait, I'm in control again. I'll stick to Aristote's chiton and Norman Osborn's suit and tie.