Re: RQ6 partial review

From: bernuetz <bernuetz_at_XCAY_pN7FG9X6r_U1G1NQH2FS5wS5tyHMpfORF46gYp45RP5blSG8DRpz6dw2ojwXRP>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:01:21 -0000

Well colour me impressed. When I saw that Mr. Nash and Mr. Whitaker were working on another edition of RQ I was frankly underwhelmed. "What could they change that would make sense?" I wondered. Obviously I was the one lacking in imagination. Having finished reading (or at least heavily skimming) the rules I am very impressed.

I think all the changes that have been made are excellent. The descriptions for the would-be GM are very clear and the text errors are few and far between. I love the flexibility that has been built in and the options presented to the GM. I like the changes that have been made to the magic systems, the addition of difficulty levels and the scalability added to things like weapon sizes and creatures. (It may be my imagination but a lot of these changes look like they were influenced by West End Games D6 system. At least they seem similiar to that system).

There's no heroquests or rune lords but it's not presented as a Gloranthan system. It could very easily BE a Gloranthan system though.

All in all a very worthy succesor to the RQ name.

Bravo.

Oliver