Re: Describing dragon newt magic?

From: David Cake <dave_at_2U8D3nZ-By1WdVht3vRgW5a6fqMQL49T5W_Wa6LNoS9CHnHDEvClKY4zjsq_epOOMcm25ZZ>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:35:54 +0800

Remember the Dragonnewts get to choose their goal in any given contest. Sometimes, their goals should be unusual. Every so often a character should be in savage combat with dragonnewts, lose, and find that all they do is run off with his hat

Just read a great bit of old fiction this morning written by David Dunham (in YBOT #3, I think), that includes a great encounter with a dragonnewt warrior. It stands impassive and unmoving, with its klanth outstretched barring the way. Argrath Whitebull speaks to it in many languages, including what is presumably Auld Wyrmish or similar, offers it treasure, it does nothing, gets frustrated. Then his companion simply walks under its klanth like a limbo pole, and it still does nothing.