How fast does news travel?

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_Za2YwY4KAjcSkwumITaFsky4ilB3mjXJq88c22PpQn4FoUtN9VX2mjSi1TzNYaA4Os>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:47:46 -0000

I'm specifically looking at Sartar and environs here. Obviously there will be some events so big that people everywhere know that something has happened (battle of Iceland, Dragonrise, etc), but for things like, say, Queen Betti re-asserting herself amongst the Colymar, news will travel more manually than divinely I'd presume.

In your Glorantha are there Mastokos heralds whizzing along the roads to pass along major news? Is it passed clan to clan, maybe going quickly through some tribes but missing some clans altogether? Are there drum signals to pass the news along quickly? Is it mostly at the whim of whatever travellers are moving around?

I guess beyond just peak speed I'm wondering about pervasiveness.

My campaign has moved a little beyond the dragon rise, and everything is in flux, and I'm trying to get a feel for how much each group is operating based on local status, versus how well informed they are of the changing situation.