Re: Ompalam, Malia and other possibly chaotic dieties

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_5_8NqmcQnk8UPqCQSUeJAVcEDG8nOTP_y1T8kXxjG-1lpoECB8_Vi6VEPpWpDoDl>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:33:53 -0000

I'd say that mythically they are descended from people who ate other people, therefore magically that is what they are. I think they're human enough for it to count for most magical purposes. After all they are human enough to breed with humans, without the broos special magical exception of being able to mate with anything.

> ...Could it even be that ogres are descended from a
> rogue group of Brithini who were swayed by chaos? To modern Brithini they
> might be considered with horror, not because of their chaos taint, but
> because they impregnate 'animal men' to propagate their race.

There may be more than one origin for Ogres, after all if one community could survive the Great Darkness that way, why not others? That could lead to some interesting local variants.

Simon Hibbs