Re: Ompalam, Malia and other possibly chaotic dieties

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_PebIKQKKXCNUdq6UUtL4Qo4LGJm1tzIeEb5x6a2svaHH8Jf2R7I9PhX-kAvD134iYda>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:06:10 +1200

On 8/21/2012 9:45 AM, bryan_thx wrote:

> (in heortling mythology, didn't there end up being 'cannibal kings' during the darkness? That would surely be a very special case of calling on your subjects true support?)

The Hidden Kings were said to have turned to shapeshifting to survive. When Heort returns, the Orlanthi are in hiding from the Hidden Kings' "last hunger". Rather than being just straight cannibalism, I think the Hidden Kings donned wolf cloaks so they could snack on their subjects.

--Peter Metcalfe