Re: Ompalam

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_D8fLEhTQEHPmtNBc-xnN8MO_HrrsNjpA7w2pSzZpWL0VClV9xdp5vPVLl6Hhb_XSnpSEg>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:40:58 +0200

2012/8/22 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_VEbb-YAJPj64nXzTWJ-pVaIMYKndUDJI4q0XUVcKprjRqZnWy9R6duBeFWxLbpM30vo3A62rDRm9xqauniYSBsp0MKUk.yahoo.invalid>

> **
>

> On 8/22/2012 7:30 PM, Kenrae wrote:
> > It's not about the mindset, IMO, it's about the myths on that person's
> > culture. An orlanthi raping or eating another human is a chaotic act
> > because his myths says so, and myths explain reality. An uz eating
> another
> > uz isn't a chaotic act for the same reason.
>
> That's a plausible suggestion with just one flaw: where's the Orlanthi
> myth as to why cannibalism is chaotic? Actually make that two - if the
> Ogres have a myth explaining why they eat people, wouldn't they be
> nonchaotic?
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Myths can be chaotic in nature, can't they? Ogres worship cacodemon, a chaotic entity, any of their myths will have Chaos in it, so that's not something you can use to decide whether cannibalism is chaotic - they are chaotic themselves.
Now on Orlanthi myths. I can't think of one, but we don't know all of their myths and since I like the idea I can invent one myself :D.

There's an orlanthi myth explaining why raping is chaotic, we all agree on that. And no, I don't think raping is always chaotic, IMG raping is "just" an evil act to a malkioni, not chaotic, because they don't have any myths related to it. Thed isn't there.

-Sergi Diaz