Re: Shadows Dance and the GIant Land adjacent

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_5RC0ZTVQ0g4fLUOevGTHst4dDfRtKvYLioyWGeTe5WVJ-v4jxsnFoIGwfcQcYeVP>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:33:19 +0100

On 26 Aug 2012, at 16:55, jorganos <joe_at_mqjAE7lR6Jt5RO9mFrf0Wecud1mNgwIFzF1PawRpwf1_W_J-KlzzBfdVvbQJnv1hxvSgN_Zthutz.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> There is hardly any material on elder giants. I still think that Disorder is a good rune for beings that are just too tall for the world.

Griffin Mountain tell us the the eleven big giant mountains in Giant land are descended from Acos and Larnste: "Opposites co-operated when the mountains were made, and this range was shared by Larnste, god of change, and Acos, god of immobility".

Then:
"The eleven tallest mountains in Giant Land are known as the Eleven Big Giant Mountains. By legend, they are the stony remains of the ancestors of the first giants in the world. Most giants in the area claim descent from at least one mountain and will point to it with pride."

No disorder there, I'd associate this particular group with stasis and change.

Personally I'd associate most giants with the man rune, sort of the first giant attempts by the gods to make things in their image, but more mortal and less godlike.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433