Re: Shadows Dance and the GIant Land adjacent

From: jorganos <joe_at_Awj08BEwLiurvtCEZXFTWJFNld7B8zMft-Ge5UMtGfIHp8BTpLd7fVZaaKH-vIeRDJI-yayf>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 02:38:29 -0000

Chris Lemens:

> It's not exactly canonical,

Apparently it's about to become so.

> but I think it interesting to note that the Praxians call their
> spirits "giants" and their ancestors were intimately familiar
> with giants. There are giant ruins in the wastes, current-day
> giants in nearby lands and a histoy of cooperating with giants
> against outlanders. Make what MGF of it you will.

In a way, Orlanth and his brothers are giant kin, too - Anaxial's Roster puts the Vadruding as another tribe of giants. The Founders, children of Storm Bull, definitely are gigantic, too, as is the manifestation of Waha, their youngest brother. Gorangi Vak is a giant hero...

It seems that beings closer to the energies of creation easily take on giant form. This applies both to Golden Age folk and to exceptional heroes fighting such forces.