Re: Shadows Dance and the GIant Land adjacent

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ZmOVyqbrBvz9sejUo0ecb-fK6m-CCiMy92MLw0PDmQpoDZDycHIp__SIE9TTtOoj9xU>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 19:52:25 +1200

On 9/3/2012 2:38 PM, jorganos wrote:
> In a way, Orlanth and his brothers are giant kin, too - Anaxial's
> Roster puts the Vadruding as another tribe of giants.

The Hrimthur (Not Vadrudi in general) are described as not being related to Giants. Personally I think that Thryk, their founder, was the son of Vadrus and a Giantess.
> The Founders, children of Storm Bull, definitely are gigantic, too, as
> is the manifestation of Waha, their youngest brother.

The Founders may be gigantic but they are not Giants, nor is Storm Bull one.

> Gorangi Vak is a giant hero...

I'm not sure where this comes from. Gorangi Vak is described in History of the Heortling Peoples (p83) as an Orlanthlander sent out by the priests on a ridiculously deadly task (ie tame a sky bull with a stick and rope) so he would get himself killed.

--Peter Metcalfe