Re: Shadows Dance and the GIant Land adjacent

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_FNOSsJqQdVLb5osvvmbKvXWR_7JsembFyHZzcKFE1HUoy30VaO3R3DVpq5EL2M6GCek>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 09:06:22 +1200

On 9/8/2012 8:53 AM, David Scott wrote:
> Taking this Praxian giant stuff back to its origin: we know that Greg Stafford was a devourer of mythology and it's not unreasonable to assume that local mythologies influenced him when the Praxians were born. There are many north american stories of giants interacting with the local peoples, so the connection of Praxians to giants is an obvious one (I'm well aware the Praxians are not north american indians). Look up them up they provide surprising insight into gloranthan giants, some can change into giant animals (Big Owl), some are man-eaters, others sound very familiar:
I'm not objecting to the notion that some Praxian deities were giants (I went so far as to say that Genert may have been one). I'm objecting to the statement that the Founders are Giants because they are Big and Strong.

On the subject of Giants turning into Animals, that's something that we don't have any evidence for in Glorantha.

--Peter Metcalfe