Marsupial Rubble Runners

From: David Dunham <david_at_TkNTVz4HeqKyWpBNIJtqTxRLMNXzwluoW-oNQzOQNkcNcqZsMvpUx7aIY5LKGBPbkBvEGI>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:59:18 -0400

Visit the site <http://opossum.org> and take a look at the bottom opossum in the top photo (cropped as a circle). Look at that mouth, stretching almost ear to ear. Look at those beady little eyes. Hard to be sure, but I think it’s steepling its paws in the manner of gloating villains. Notice that “It can eat almost anything.” Sounds like a rubble runner to me (OK, they have fur and not scale.)

Elise found one on our back deck, lurking under the grill. It hissed at her — none of this “playing possum” stuff.