Re: An Apocalypse World hack for Glorantha

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_VAam4gRBzwKEHtHKWTEDR6DXIP9XlycAAOfCgLSBGBEvzmxpTx5D1LCGgXa0H3Iw>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:04:56 -0000

> I also think that MGF is a well established principle of gloranthan gaming.
> Once the players sit down at the table anything goes, so long is it makes
> for a more fun and interesting game.

Quite. I'm all for generally accepted Glorantha as a basis for discussion but most of my games have diverged from canon in various ways and I've no problem with that. I just don't have the time or resources to look up everything while actually gaming, so if I need a detail at the table, it gets established there and then by fiat. Usually this is in the form of simplifying or glossing over stuff I'm not familiar with, but occasionally it's stuff I am familiar with but isn't of interest to the players.

Canon and setting detail inform and enrich play at the table, but don't rule it.

Simon Hibbs