Always someone more powerful than you (was Androgeus)

From: hcarteau_at_...
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:39:42 +0200 (CEST)

/// Well, my players would just charge in, so I have to let them suffer a non-lethal trashing before they develop other tactics. Lately I wanted to introduce them to the Mother of Monsters but they didn't go that way. Pity. Next stop : the crimson bat. Or something that very much looks lie it. Eh eh.

I don't know about other people's campaigns, but we regularly encounter entities that are sufficiently powerful that we can't deal with them at all. As a result, we have developed excellent tactics ("Run away!") and superior strategies ("You powerful rivals of ours should be insulted that Androgeus was talking bad about you. We wouldn't take that kind of stuff if we were you.") I can see the Empire going to war with someone over just such as situation. ("Oh, yeah? We're the Empire. We're not afraid of any puny little man-woman thing. We'll show you!")