Re: Cults for Dara Happan noble women

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 06:28:57 -0000

> So, to do her right wrt to her background, I need to know what cult she was in before she left (and eventually whether she would still be in it). Since she left to _become_ an independent women and leave, so not Naveria or Verithurusa? (Though joining Verithurusa work well as a mechanism for her leaving DH). She isn't any more secluded than any other DH woman, so not Ourania?

Most normal Dara Happans do not initiate to any deity but maintain an active religious life by attending the thirty imperial holy days, the holy days of their city or region, and whatever casual worship might benefit them in their day to day life. People generally depend on others to protect and lead them, both in the mundane and spiritual realms.

If she devoted herself to a single god or goddess, than that marks her out as being particularly religious - which could be a good path towards the Lunar Way. But because she's already a bit unusual, I wouldn't restrict that choice to Dendara.

Jeff