Re: Another Dara Happa question

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_jwsrlgIK_YfjkfFszdrhkfdIqdaphupTojazxqWVFHyZcJ8300YaucsiLsp0BNRXAu0>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 18:35:34 +1300

On 10/3/2012 1:05 PM, drscience3000 wrote:

> (BTW, there is no reason someone can't be both a Lunar and an acceptable Dara Happan, is there? You just have the right blood & reverence for Yelm and also acknowledge the Red Moon Goddess, presumably as the daughter of Yelm.)

Given that the Red Moon champions a number of ideas that the Dara Happans find abhorrent, I doubt being a Lunar will ever be acceptable. At best, the Lunar Way hangs around them like a strange or odd stigma that causes the Dara Happans to behave with formal politeness in front of them and despise them behind their backs. If a Lunar is super-competent (like say Tatius), this obstacle may be overcome but I do find it curious that Tatius does not have an orthodox Dara Happan title.

--Peter Metcalfe