Re: Venn Diagram - Magic <> Culture

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:53:03 -0400

Namaste:

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_...> wrote:

> **
>
> The magic system of 85% of Lunar Empire has Folk, Spirit, Divine &
> Wizardry (not tied religion). With the “Red Goddess” lunar cyclical sorcery
> being something different from secular and religious wizardry…let’s say
> Chaos Magic.

Lunar Magic isn't Chaos Magic. It embraces both Cosmos and Chaos, and is altogether a superior form of practice. (At least within the Glowline)

> Is this how people see it?

 It depends on who you ask. Outsiders might call it Chaos Magic but they are wrong. Soon, We Will All Be Us, and they will realize their ignorance.

> Do Pelorians has a religious wizardry (not the RQ3 Lunar Magic)

Wizardry is practiced by Carmanians and other invaders, not good Pelorians.

> Chasing others thoughts. Anybody want to put together a Venn Diagram?
> Spirit/Divine/Wizardry/Mysticism

This would be really interesting, but really really complex.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha