Re: Venn Diagram - Magic <> Culture

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_XWYCxbgiRhX0aIXVqTnEfJWDX_Es9Wujchxpmw9uRJtHDHVkXg7XuHeLMzdxA1ww>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:09:40 -0000

> I have become more and more convinced that there is
> plenty of "sorcery" wherever you have crafters
> performing craft magic.

I like this. It is consistent with smiths and herbalists being highly respected, but also considered a little odd or mysterious in the real world. This was often true even outside of areas with guilds.

Where it is a theisti smith, for example, the smith-god may have wrestled with some foreigner for the knowledge of bronze. My emulating the smith-god, the smith gains that knowledge, which is more like sorcery than theism.

Chris