Re: Elemental Progression

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:28:10 -0000

I have no issue with an elemental progression as in-Gloranthan idea. Nor am I discussing it as such.

I do have an issue with it being promoted as a pan-Gloranthan fact in official publications (such as in MoLaD, p. 53). Why? Because Gloranthan myth--at least Gloranthan myth as I appreciate it in 2012--is extremely deep, varied and polyvalent.

The notion that said myths--with their multitude themes, participants and outcomes--can be resolved into this overly simplistic, reductive framework depresses me.