Re: Humakti tatos

From: robin <robin_mitra_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:18:29 -0000

The severing of his ties to the Storm Tribe is one the two most important myths for Humakt (the other is finding Death). Hence I would say a Humakti has neither clan nor tribal tattoos. He does not belong to his former bloodline anymore. He could belong to a household, but that is more like having a job than having a family.

If the community has pieces of fashion that can be recognised (like special patterns in their fabric, special ways to wear their hair or some kind of common jewellery) I would say the Humakti would remove all that.

All other clans would acknowledge that the Humakti in question does not belong to his former clan, so they would not ask for weregild. However, they could still demand the delinquent to be banned from clan lands.

So no more tattoos. However, since Glorantha is a magical world and runes are the core expression of magic, I would say it is up to you whether the old tattoos have to be physically removed or whether they simply vanish upon initiation.

Cheers