Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:04:12 +0100

On 05.11.2012 23:14, Andrew Larsen wrote:
> I think Pomeroi's point was that cattle raiding is less sporting and more deadly serious for Praxians than for Sartarites. The general scarcity of resources would seem to make the lost of a few cows a serious problem for a Praxian clan.

Yes, and IMG Praxian tribes are not like North American natives at all. Those were hunter/gatherers and only few tribes relied (wrong word even: made themselves independent of hunting/gathering, but not even dependant) on herding cattle. IMG Red Indians resemble the Grazelanders, but this perception may be weak as well, as I don't know more about these than Praxians.

RW comparisons to Prax tribes IMG: Mongols, Massai, Zulu (to a lesser extend). Successfully rob them their cattle for good, and they will starve. There is by far not enough to gather or hunt for to feed a tribe. (Perhaps for good individuals and very small groups.) Massai will fight to their collective death to save their cattle, simply because they know there is no other choice. You do not raid their cattle unless you are very desperate yourself or accept the toll. 90% of grown males occupation is herder/warrior. The few, but important crafts are shared between all of them.