Re: Zzabur and the Great Compromise

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 18:45:46 -0000

babeldemeter3:

> Dear Gray Sages,

So. you've seen my hair then?

> In my humble quest of enlightenment, I wonder if the famous Zzabur is bound by the Great Compromise.
>
> He was able to transport Brithos into the Otherworld creating the Closing as a side effect in 920 ST.
> Was this act at variance with the Great Compromise or not ?
> And his wish to flood Fronela ?
>
> Do you have some clues about these questions ?

I've never really thought about it before.

My gut feeling would be that he should be, as he is of deity-power and deity-provenance, although not from a theistic background.

However, he seems to be free to act in the mundane world.

Flooding Fronela is nothing - that's just using magic to drown a land. Nothing there that would affect the Compromise.

Moving Brithos to another plane, however, might be seen as messing about with the fabric of the world.

But, whatever his acts are, the very fact that he can do them means that he cannot be bound by the Compromise.

So, this raises another question - Why is Zzabur not bound by the Compromise?

See Ya

Simon