Re: The mysterious heathen god Ikankos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:56:59 +1300

On 11/25/2012 4:11 AM, babeldemeter3 wrote:
> Fronela 2nd age by Moongose, p. 7 :
>
> "375 ST. The Sunstop. Fronelan Wizards defeat a heathen god. Ikankos is entombed in Time and its people turned into ghosts by the Five Horrors."
>
> Does any of the gloranthian scholars, here, knows more about this mysterious Ikankos, his people and the reason why he was fought by the Fronelan Wizards ?

The conflict is canon although Ikantos and the Five Horrors are Mongoose inventions described in their Fronela book.

In my opinion, the god was a Sun God, perhaps by the name of Yom or Yomi, and he mustered his army from what is now known as Southbank. After his defeat, the area was abandoned but the stupid arrolians built there without knowing its origin and so a sleeping god is awakened.

--Peter Metcalfe