Re: Defender's Shore, Prax, Sea Season

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:09:20 +0000

Andrew Larsen wrote:
> This brings up an interesting question. What were the other Lost Tribes of Prax? We know their names: Nose-Horn, Long-Nose, Plains Elk, and Loper. But what are those? The Plains Elk are obvious. The Nose-Horns sound like rhinoceros, but those already exist. Are the Long-Noses elephants? Somehow that doesn't sound right to me--I have a hard time thinking of elephants in Prax for some reason. And Lopers? Kangaroos would fit the jumping quality implied in the name, but it does sound a little bit silly. Dik-diks?
These are lopers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moropus_and_Daphoenus.jpg

I know that one, because I've heard Greg himself say so, but I don't recall him identifying the others. Which doesn't mean he hasn't, of course. Still, if it was me, I'd be inclined to guess at these:

Long-nose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8.jpg Nose-horn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Synthetoceras_BW.jpg

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic