Re: About the Battle of Night and Day

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:03:46 +1300

On 11/25/2012 8:21 PM, illuminate33 wrote:

> 3)What's wrong about Lokamayadon?
> Franky speaking, I began to like the character of Lokamayadon.
>
> He is certainly faithful to his subjects. He is an ambitious man, but ambition is not evil for Orlanthi.
>
> He betrayed Orlanth, but it seems that his people began to worship Orlanth after the Dawn, and he might be more faithful to his ancestral worship of his land deities like Hagodereth than the imported god.
>
> What made him his downfall aside from the ill luck?

Greg made the comment here that Lokamayadon once met Nysalor being covered by a swarm of flies and making no attempt to remove them. Nysalor explained that the flies were like his worshippers, Lokamayadon thought about this for a while and then stopped offering sacrifices to the Gods.

It doesn't quite explain the reasoning behind his Windstop.

--Peter Metcalfe