Re: About the Battle of Night and Day

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:41:13 -0000

To me the main point aboutLokamayadon was that he sided with change--both by allying with Nysalor and, eventually, in trying to displace Orlanth. Orlanthi mythology is kind of interesting, because up until the Storm Age it is in substantial part about forcing change in a stagnant world. But after the great compromise, and arguably even before then, it is very reactionary, basically viewing any change as a threat to the world, because any change could weaken the Great Compromise and let chaos run rampant again.

The challenging part as players (and narrators) is that the Orlanthi are probably right (as much as anyone can be right in matters of theology, even in Glorantha). Progress is pretty much a dirty word, so while our 21st century sympathies may be with the progressives, in Glorantha they are dangerous and short sighted.

All just IMO.