Re: How prevalent is magic?

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:15:09 +0000

>You don't need to take all of it at once - in fact it'll drive you crazy,
which
>is called "becoming Illuminated" by many glorantha cultures, and ends
>up with the new illuminati being forced-march to the nearest pyre by an
>angry mob. Bad Things then happen to him.

I think that's over-stated. Most of Glorantha has forgotten what "illumination" is, and are about as good at recognizing the signs correctly as we are at recognizing the telltale signs of the Knights Templar. Many of the telltale signs of illumination have disappeared into plain sight, like Tarot cards in the real world. In fact, that guy who's always giving strange warnings about strange people saying strange things? Probably an illuminate.

Phil.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?