Re: How to introduce the elder races

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_8JMGnLcvBfllAusTtNxoF8C0PEQ1y-l418PXMuD6L_QSS8-hD7WoIOkvP_Z_l-Qtv-V>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:40:40 +1300

On 12/5/2012 11:08 AM, differentcomputers wrote:
> Simon's thoughts made me recall something I've never seen emphasized anywhere else:
>
> As Mostali are not descended from Grandfather Mortal, vampires may not prey on them. Nor can they be turned into one. At least not via Vivamort's magic!
I don't think this is a strong argument myself. Grandfather Mortal is not present in everybody's mythology (for example Dara Happa and other Pelorians) yet Vampires can feed on them. Secondly the Dwarves are well known for repressing bits of their mythology they are uncomfortable with (eg Why Mostal made Women) so the lack of any admitted descent from a Grandfather Mortal figure isn't proof they have no relationship with the Man Rune.

In addition vampires should be able to prey on anything with blood, like rats, cats and dogs.

--Peter Metcalfe