Re: TQH DEC 10th

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 00:56:28 -0000

> Oh.

Oops :-)

> This is off-topic, but very much related. I have been wondering what the
> status of The Coming Storm for some time, as was thinking about posting
> about it on the Moon Design Publications boards.

The Coming Strom has a completed draft ms from me, which is in playtest, at my group (obviously), with three other groups, and at cons. It is still being tweaked from that. There is no art direction, or art; Moon Designs need at least another pass at editing at least. So lots of progress, but still some miles to cover.

And it's definitely behind at least The Guide; but I am not privy to the MD priority list to know precisely where.

I put together a flyer for it at Dragonmeet, might as well share the text here:

Will the Red Cow survive the Hero Wars?

These are the Hero Wars, the end of the Third Age of Glorantha, the struggle of White Bear and Red Moon. Few will survive the turmoil. In The Coming Storm the players must confront the challenges facing the Red Cow clan and ensure their kin survive, perhaps even prosper, in the opening struggles of the Hero Wars.

Beginning in 1618 and going right through the Great Winter to the Liberation of Boldhome, The Coming Storm is a year-by-year chronicle of the challenges facing the Red Cow: werewolves, ogres, ghouls, neighbours, the Empire, and internal dissent. It provides the most detailed description yet of a Sartarite clan and tribe, and the personalities that comprise it. If you love King of Dragon Pass, you will love The Coming Storm. But we don't forget the Hero Wars in clan affairs. The player characters are firmly center stage and The Coming Storm contains the largest heoquest yet published, the Eleven Lights, which gives the players a chance to enter the underworld and sky world, and liberate Orlanth's Ring.

Included in this book are:
Full background on the Red Cow and the Cinsina Extensive character generation notes
Over a hundred detailed NPCs from the Red Cow, Cinsina, their neighbours, and enemies; including prominent rebel leaders such as Kallyr Starbrow and servants of empire like Duke Jomes 'Wulf' Hostralos. City Guides to Red Cow Fort, Dangerford, and Stonegate An extensive Play of the Game section with advice on NPC management and common Heortling scenarios such as cattle raiding, peace weaving, and feuds Year-by-year details from 1618 to 1625 taking the clan right up to the Liberation of Sartar with multiple adventures per year

> haven't heard about this Slaves of the Red Moon product, or
> War Drums (if that is even a product and not a Con event).

They are both episodes I am running for my group in the 1623 playtest. The former is intended more for something else I am pitching to MD, that is too much just a crazy idea to talk about any more right now.

> Alternately, I'd love to see a blog post from you on Moon Design
> Publications. Sorry to bea pest but I have been jazzed about The Coming
> Storm for a long time.

Glad you are excited, it's coming together. When the focus is off of The Guide KS, I'll start to blog about it.