Re: PLEASE, PLEASE ADJUST HOW MUCH YOU QUOTE...

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:18:17 -0000

Rick says:

> I quote just what is needed, and delete the rest.

Here is how I do it. Say who said it. Then quote with the greater-than sign setting off the quotes. Then respond.

> Lastly, I prefer to quote first, then post my response,
> so people read a little bit about what I am responding to.

I do the same, breaking up by point.

I picked this up from the old Glorantha Digest, where it appears to have been the standard primarily because that's what email clients did by default back then.

But all that said, the problem is that modern hand-held devices make this really difficult to do. On my iPhone, I can't do this at all. And if I ever figured out how to do it, it would probably take longer than booting up my solar-gerbil-handcrank-powered laptop. And if I spent the time anyway, I would end up putting text in the wrong place because my finger is a lot fatter than the screen desires.

So I think reistance might be urinating into the tempest.

Chris